For those of you who are unaware, vinyl flooring has never before been so popular and if you want to know just why, read below!
- Wide selection in design and texture
- A choice of tiling or sheeting
- Easy to keep clean
- Scratch and dent resistant
In the Beginning
Vinyl’s history began just after World War II ended and in the 1950’s it had moved up to replace lino (linoleum) as a cheaper, water resistant floor solution.
- Floors certainly play a large part in all of our daily lives, and some people when they hear the word vinyl flooring, might think it’s the same as lino.
- But, modern vinyl flooring is a different thing altogether.
- Top quality flooring stores in Adelaide provide vinyl flooring as both an economical and a highly versatile home flooring solution.
- Made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC), you will see the tiles in hallways, kitchens and even bathrooms.
- The two main types of vinyl flooring are that of the standard and self-sticking tile designs.
- When selecting this type of flooring, you should take your time and decide which type would look great in your home.
The Standard Vinyl Flooring Type
- The standard design of flooring tile is manufactured from thin, square tiles in different colours and designs.
- These are the least expensivekind of vinyl flooring, but not as easy to install as other types.
- When you fit these tiles, you have to cover your floor with an adhesive.
- This adhesive has to be left in place until it hardens, and then the tiles be put into place.
- This can be somewhat messy and there might be the need for a clean-up afterwards, especially for people lacking in experience in tile fitting.
The Self-Sticking Type
- The self-sticking type of vinyl flooring tiles makes things easier with regards to fitting, and offers a simpler solution for the DIY householder.
- And while this type of tile isa little more expensive than those of the standard vinyl design, they are a much easier to fit and less messier.
- The self-stick tiles have the adhesive on the back of them, so there’s no having to use a separate glue.
- When fitting, the backing paper is peeled off from every tile, put into place and then put down and pressed to give it great adhesion.
Vinyl Flooring Plank Type
- Along with the above two types of composite flooring tiles, there are now of vinyl flooring planks.
- These planks closely resemble wood flooring, but feature the advantages of vinyl flooring tiles.
- Plank flooring providesa unique looking finish, which makes it easy to have in your home (or office) a stone or wood-like type of finish.
- The planks have a channel along down the edges so that the flooring can be fitted nice and snugly without any adhesive.
- People who are interested should consider the different types of quality and finish now available when choosing great vinyl tiles.
Take your time and then make a superb choice for your lovely home.